Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Semester Project



For my semester project I have created an educational blog with an international audience. It is comprise of articles, interviews, questions and posts focused on feminism, modernism, hegemony, and women’s right for authorship. I am inspired by the great Barbara Kruger, I find her graphic designs fascinating. This fits my professional aspirations and portfolio because I want to be a high school teacher and what better way than to educating the public about the knowledge I’ve acquired from my Art and Women study in an engaging platform. I want women to be able to tell their story and be recognized for their outstanding work.  How have women been represented, underrepresented, and misrepresented in art history? How should we tell the stories of forgotten women artists today? How can we as a society shake the old order? These are all questions I have pose on my Blog. I am here to speak up for all those who cannot speak for themselves. This blog will be a sanctuary for men and women all around the world to unite together and inspire each other to challenge their ideologies and societies. The propaganda created by our sick male dominant society embedded in us the notion that “We Can’t Win!” But this blog challenges that notion and brings forth a new idea, one of resilience and declaration. It is a kind of protest blog for equality, recognition, and awareness.

Work Cited

"Barbara Kruger - Feminist Artist - The Art History Archive." Barbara Kruger - Feminist Artist - The Art History Archive. Web. 02 Apr. 2016.

"Feminism." TED: Ideas worth Spreading. Web. 02 Apr. 2016.

"How the Feminist Movement Changed the Art World." About.com Education. Web. 26 Apr. 2016.

"In the 21st Century, Art Is a Woman's Job Too." Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles Times, 2006. Web. 02 Apr. 2016.

Lyon, Trey. "Call It What It Is: White Hegemony." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com. Web. 02 Apr. 2016.

"Where Are All the Women?" NYMag.com. Web. 26 Apr. 2016.


"Womanhouse: 1972 CalArts Feminist Art Collaboration." About.com Education. Web. 26 Apr. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment