Monday, April 18, 2016

Final Semester Project

Victim of Society

For my final semester project, I teamed up with my sister and created a masterpiece. The image of a vulnerable woman who faces the tragedies and pressures of society is what we created through art. Women deal with the pressures of what society WANTS to see rather than what is realistic. Women come in all shapes and sized with different battle scars. There are women out there who have overcome cancer and have missing breasts, or women who have just given birth and look extremely different than before. I have created a tumblr page where I post educational and inspirational quotes for those who need a push. I have also posted the artwork that my sister and I have created that means a lot to me and hopefully means a lot to others.
Every woman is uniquely beautiful.

Quotes and reposts will be posted daily.

Please follow and repost.

Link to the final project:
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/juscreamingmercy

Bibliography:

Veerman, E. (2013). Supporting women with a negative body image. Practice Nursing24(3), 137-140 4p.

Fern, V. A., Buckley, E., & Grogan, S. (2014). Women’s experiences of body image and baby feeding choices: Dealing with the pressure to be slender. British Journal Of Midwifery22(11), 788-794 7p.

Fern, V. A., Buckley, E., & Grogan, S. (2012). Women's experiences of body image and weight loss after childbirth. British Journal Of Midwifery20(12), 860-865 6p.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/photographer-fights-fit-mom-mentality-post-baby-flab/story?id=23728761

No comments:

Post a Comment