Tuesday, April 12, 2016

semester project

For my semester project I would like to create a short film/documentary to address immigration. In the project I wish to include clips of interviews and also capture images of Anti-immigration protests. I'm doing this as my protest against anti-immigration acts.

The fight against undocumented immigrants is a very emphasized factor in the current political debates. I am an immigrant so many of the protests that exists against immigrants are disturbing to me. American is classified as land of liberty however I have witnessed the struggles of many immigrants, mainly undocumented, and I wonder why are the policies so strict against allowing people to become green card holders.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a virtuous project, and I applaud you for that. I do hope you've decided to interview a few immigrants who experience the plight you've described so as provide a more realistic approach to this pressing issue. Also, although far-fetched, your documentary could satirize the current political season's views on immigration, specifically Mr. Trump's, in such a way as to better illuminate the issues here at home, in regard to the 'typical' American's view on immigration. Interviews with both immigrants and 'natives' could provide a cool dichotomy throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joni,
    I am in the process of creating a short documentary as well that embraces feminist artists. To download videos easily from the web I recommend you use ClipGrab. It's super easy to use and free.
    I love that you selected a topic that closely relate to you. I am also creating a short video in another class where I am interviewing undocumented people. I would love to have the opportunity to interview you so you can also share your story of being undocumented in the United States.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea, I definitely agree with Giancarlo on this one. It will be a very effective source to interview actual immigrants or refugees and get actual experiences, accounts, and hardships that they face. The reality and truth behind controversies like this always require a lot of research and debating. I suggest you research cases on the treatment of immigrants and what actions our country is taking toward this situation. You must also create a constructive argument that will grab the attention of the audience. An idea like this will take a lot of hard work and it has the potential to make changes in the world. Pay close attention to the debates and campaigns at the moment, that will be a helpful source as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of people can relate to this idea, and it's a super important subject. Immigration is especially relevant now with political debates ongoing. I think this is a chance to open up a lot of people's eyes

    ReplyDelete