Saturday, April 2, 2016

Semester Project Proposal

     My semester project will focus on ten female artists, half from Cuba and half from Pakistan. This is representative of my culture. I think this is an important project to do because so far in class all we have learned about is white female artists, expect for a handful of black artists. By now, it has become clear that women have been cast aside in the art world. Minority female artists have it worse. It is important that books like Women and Art attempt to incorporate more hispanic and asian artists. My audience will be people who are interested in finding out about artists who are not white. In a way, it could be said that I am trying to advocate for the women that get left out of books like Art and Women. As a social work major, this projects fits in with my professional aspirations and portfolio because of its nature. Social workers, above all else, are advocates of their clients. Proving that I am capable and willing to advocate for others is important to future employers and for graduate school.  
     I am still in the process of deciding what artists to use for my project. Tumblr will definitely be my platform. Advertising for my idea will be done on both Twitter and Facebook. I have to figure out how to properly advertise for this. Adding hashtags will make it easier for people to find my blog and posts, but I am not sure what to say exactly. I'll have pictures of the artwork done by my artists then talk about the artist and her art. I don't have any references that i am using to base my project on yet, because I am stuck. I'm not sure how to go about writing about artwork. I feel like my idea is a bit bland. I am also having a lot of trouble figuring out what to say when I advertise this project on other social media websites. If I could just figure out exactly how to go about my project then I would have a ton of resources.
   

1 comment:

  1. "By now, it has become clear that women have been cast aside in the art world. Minority female artists have it worse." You make a good point about that. As for artists, I suggest researching Ana Mendieta and Ahmed Pervez, a Cuban and a Pakistani respectively.

    ReplyDelete