Monday, April 4, 2016

Project Proposal Post

My semester project is a feminist blog that focus on various subjects like movies, tv, music, media and more and I will be tying these subjects in with the ideas and topics we learned in class. I am making this blog because I love to write especially about feminist issues. I want my blog posts to be similar to blog like articles that you can find at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/women/ My audience will be anyone, the website will be published so anyone can find it. Feminists and entertainment lovers can be considered my audience. My message would be the unfairness and.or injustice that women face in all aspects - film, TV, music, media, art and more. I am a MIS major and I have a heavy passion for social media, creating a blog is great for my portfolio and this project could definitely benefit me. 

This is what I have done so far: http://thequietfeminist.wix.com/blog I have the Home page done to invite readers to the blog and give them a taste of what it is about. The blog itself is what I still have to work on. Some of my ideas include:
  • Connecting this Indian commercial to the Male Gaze
  • Getting people I know to try to name as many male and female artists in 5 minutes - goes back to what we did the first day of class
  • Getting myself to name as many male and female Movie directors and writers as I can in five minutes, doing the same for television creators, directors, and executive producers, and again with music producers excluding as many musicians as possible
  • "Reception" by Vadis Turner, who I found on the Brooklyn Museum website and my take on Indian weddings
  • Body Image and "All About That Bass"
  • Catcalling & Actress Rowan Blanchard's experience of being catcalled at 12
  • Selfie Culture
  • Rape Culture - Artemisia Gentileschi 
  •  Bell Hooks "Patriarchy" and music videos
  • Bieber's naked picture vs. Demi Lovato's picture (she has clothes on) & the reactions on social media of both http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarren/people-are-comparing-justin-biebers-instagram-comments-to-on#.egXwbNqPg8
  • Addressing this comic created by a woman on the struggles of being a woman

UPDATE 04/08 - If you go to http://thequietfeminist.wix.com/blog I published the titles of the blogs I will be doing, it's about 6 and they're on The Male Gaze, The Gurerilla Girls, Selfie Culture, Catcalling & More. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing this video of a woman being catcalled while walking for 10 hours and I think it could be incorporated in your blog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A

    ReplyDelete