Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Final Semester Project

My final semester project will be a blog on sex trafficking,catcalling, double standards amongst son and daughter.I would like to discuss the origin of human trafficking, specifically sex trafficking and why anyone ever thought it was okay to continue this behavior to this day.
I may also write about the dinner party and why men feel it is okay to draw and have pictures of their private parts everywhere, including school property but getting offended by have one room dedicated just for women.I will ask my female friends the number of times they have been catcalled by men. I will also discuss the double standards expected from women in my south asian culture. I will talk about personal experiences in my house and how double standards are accepted because they have become so common in society.  I also want to touch on the topic of how many celebrities have been sexually harassed, and most of them were women being judged for how they appeared on tv.
I’m just trying to find compile pictures and videos for these ideas. I have changed my idea from solely focusing  on the male gaze and will incorporate these ideas into that topic. I may talk about the dinner party and why the men back then felt so offended by it.
Using youtube videos, clips from movies, stories from articles, I will compose a blog discussing all these topics I think are eye opening for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSgTmcq-bBk

3 comments:

  1. It think it is interesting to see how a lot of people are incorporating celeberties into their project. Maybe for your presentation you can recreate one of the scenes on your blog. You could do something like a skit but without talking. Just recreate an image in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your idea is very interesting and i think will be very helpful for people who want to get educated about sex trafficking and other related actions. Here is an article i found that talks about sex trafficking
    http://web.a.ebscohost.com.proxy.libraries.rutgers.edu/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?sid=2f749bed-1c55-47b6-850f-3cbd45207d69%40sessionmgr4005&vid=23&hid=4207

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea. I took a class last semester and we learned a lot about it. there are a whole bunch of videos on youtube. I think you should try showing that it happens globally and not just certain areas?
    looking forward to you project!

    ReplyDelete