Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Kittaneh-Final Semester Project

https://www.instagram.com/muslimwomenartists/

For my semester project, I created an Instagram account (@muslimwomenartists) to post Muslim women artists' that work to reverse the stereotype.  I wish I had time to present and explain all the Muslim women artists I researched and posted about but I plan on showing you the one that got the most likes - and explain the reason why I posted it.  The first image below was actually created by a 22 year old artist, a daughter of a political prisoner.  I found her page when a girl from New Orleans followed me and asked her friend from New York if she knows any artists I can post about.  The girl from New York sent me her blog and instagram accounts and I was amazed by her artwork, sketches, and graffiti.  Almost all my posts after this were of current artists, posting their art on their instagram accounts. 






















I honestly did not expect this Instagram accounts to get this many likes, comments, or followers in just three weeks but it was very exciting to see the power of hashtags and the number of people interested in a topic, most people don't even know exist.


No comments:

Post a Comment