Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Semester Project

For my semester project I created a zine about undocumented immigrant women. I have organized images and written comments to highlight some of the issues undocumented immigrant women face. The contents are used to show the comparison of what the United States is meant to represent versus the unpleasant reality that some immigrants experience because they are undocumented. This zine is my protest against anti-immigration. I chose to address this topic because I am an immigrant and alot of media has been focused on immigration, mainly because of the current political debates. In my opinion a number of situations that have been highlighted about undocumented immigrants are not positive. However; I have witnessed the struggles of some undocumented immigrant women, and I can attest that they did not come to America to reek havoc on the country. They wanted to better their lives and make a positive contribution to society. Unfortunately they face difficulties attempting to legalize their status because of strict policies set in place. With all the progress that the United States has attained with the passing of bills to acknowledge human rights then why aren't undocumented immigrant women allowed to more freely transition themselves to be welcomed residents in the United States America.

I posted my zine on Tumblr

jj-giselle.tumblr.com



Bibliography

http://now.org/resource/immigration-as-a-feminist-issue/

https://prisondivest.com/tag/applied-research-center/

No comments:

Post a Comment