Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Erini's Semester Project


For my semester project I am in the process of creating a blog with an international audience. It will comprise of 4 articles and TEDTalks focused on feminism, modernism, hegemony, and women’s right for authorship. I am inspired by the great Barbara Kruger, I find her graphic designs fascinating. This fits my professional aspirations and portfolio because I want to be a high school teacher and what better way than to educating the public about the knowledge I’ve acquired from my Art and Women study at Rutgers University. I want women to be able to tell their story and be recognized for their outstanding work. Why should male artists be held to the highest degree but women not taken seriously? Are women not allowed the freedom of expression? How can we as a society shake the old order? These are all questions I will pose on my Blog. I am here to speak up for all those who cannot speak for themselves. When doing my research I came across the quote, “Sorry for the inconvenience, we are trying to change the world” and I’ve decided to make that the title for my project. It will be a sanctuary for men and women all around the world to unite together and inspire each other to challenge their ideologies and societies. The propaganda created by our sick male dominant society embedded in us the notion that “We Can’t Win!” But this blog will challenge that notion and bring forth a new idea, one of resilience and declaration. It will be a kind of protest blog for equality, recognition, and awareness. I will post motivational stories of female artists and have an open forum where anyone around the world can join the conversation. I understand the arguments that will surround my project and will provide as much information, statistics, and historical artifacts to help guide my focus.

Links:

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Maybe in order to get more people in on the conversation to participate in your open forum, you can post to Barbara Kruger fan pages on Facebook or other social media/networking outlets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great! I would totally advertise your blog elsewhere, popular social media, or even smaller media organizations on Facebook, to attract a wider audience of like-minded individuals.

    ReplyDelete